National Institutes of Health - Important information on all facets of health.
National Institutes of Mental Health - The NIH site on mental health.
- About-Face promotes positive self-esteem in women of all ages through media education, outreach, and activism.
www.aedweb.org - The Academy for Eating Disorders (AED) is a professional organization that provides training and education to clinicians and dedicates itself to improving the research, treatment and prevention of eating disorders.
- National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Related Disorders (ANAD) provides information, referrals, education, and support groups regarding eating disorders.
www.andreasvoice.org - Andrea’s Voice is a moving website dedicated to a young woman who died from bulimia, with critical and helpful information for sufferers and their families.
www.bodypositive.com - Body Positive helps people to feel good about the bodies they have and avoid the traps of chronic dieting and negative body image.
- Aims to provide educational content and recovery resources to those struggling with bulimia and any other eating disorder. We offer original content that explores the causes and effects of eating disorders and covers news and notable trends in their treatment, as well as developments in national and state behavioral and mental health policies.
www.cswd.org - The Council on Size and Weight Discrimination advocates for people of all sizes and provides education/ information on fairness, weight bias, and media images.
- The Eating Disorders Coalition for Research, Policy and Action advocates at the federal level for the recognition of eating disorders as a major public health problem.
- The Eating Disorder Referral and Information Center has free information and referral lists for treatment of eating disorders.
- The International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals provides education and training to professionals.
www.medainc.org - Multi-Service Eating Disorders Association (MEDA) hosts a
referral network, support groups, seminars, and educational programs in Massachussetts.
- The National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) is the largest national organization providing educational materials and referral information, sponsoring the annual Eating Disorders Awareness Week, offering educational programs and materials. A great resource for both the public and professionals.
www.nedic.ca - National Eating Disorder Information Center (NEDIC) disseminates information and resources related to eating disorders and weight issues in Canada.
- Something Fishy is a wonderful website full of information and resources for anyone concerned about eating disorders or suffering from them.
www.allianceforeatingdisorders.com - The Alliance for Eating Disorders Awareness is a national non-profit organization dedicated to providing programs and activities aimed at outreach, education, early intervention, and advocacy for all eating disorders.
https://asdah.org - As a non-profit organization with an international membership committed to the practice of the Health At Every Size® (HAES®) Principles, Association for Size Diversity and Health envisions a world that celebrates bodies of all shapes and sizes, in which body weight is no longer a source of discrimination and where oppressed communities have equal access to the resources and practices that support health and well being. envisions a world that celebrates bodies of all shapes and sizes, in which body weight is no longer a source of discrimination and where oppressed communities have equal access to the resources and practices that support health and well being.
https://haescommunity.com - Health at Every Size is the new peace movement. It helps us recognize that health outcomes are primarily driven by social, economic, and environmental factors, requiring a social and political response. It also supports people of all sizes in adopting healthy behaviors.
https://www.nceedus.org - NCEED is the nation’s first center of excellence dedicated to eating disorders. Founded in 2018 by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, our mission is to advance education and training of healthcare providers and to promote public awareness of eating disorders and their treatment.
www.edcatalogue.com - The most widely used resource in the eating disorders field since 1980. They have a podcast series, books and access to multiple sources of the most up-to-date information about eating disorders for those suffering, their friends, families and helping professionals.
www.emmestyle.com - American plus-size model, social reformer and body image advocate. A SuperModel, Mom, sister, aunt and friend who believes beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. TV personality, author, brand spokesperson, creative director of her clothing lines, motivational speaker, and lecturer, Emme gained worldwide fame as the first full-figured model chosen for People magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People, first in 1994, then for a second time in 1999. Emme is largely recognized in the 1990s as the leading model in the profession.